I am.....

Minha foto
My name is Bruno, I´m a Brazilian English teacher specialized in Applied Linguistics. Currently I work for a language institute teaching adults and in a regular school teaching elementary and high school. I believe knowledge is something to be shared and that´s why I post my classes to everybody who wants to study/learn English. In the last years I counted and have been counting on many partners who are always there: Adriana Pin, Bhyanka Itaborahy, Claudio Azevedo (Movie Segments), Diego Cassionato (Inglês com Rock) and Dani Bertocchi... You guys are also "guilty" for it. THANK YOU.

sexta-feira, 9 de setembro de 2011

Planning a class

Planning a class is a very important step of the teaching process which is constantly overlooked and taken for granted, not to mention much deeper how it seems.
Planning a class is preparing the activity, checking how long it would take, how and what it will be done? Yes, but for sure these aren´t all. Indeed part of the class plan are these aforementioned items, however other items must be considered.
When planning a class the number of students need to be taken into account, the average of daily absences together with the activities plan (individual, pairs or groups), even if a totally unpredicted scenario happens the teacher must have at least to know how he or she will modify the activity in order to maintain the goal and don´t lose production.
After planning your explanations some questions should be asked:
Was the group itself considered?
How can I use their background knowledge to help them and myself?
Were students socio-cultural background considered?
Have I checked which and why other strategies worked and/or failed?
Do my students like this subject? What can I do to arise their interests?
All these elements should be considered in every class plan and one thing must be noticed. You, teacher, have a class plan. Get ready to modify it during the class or right before the class starts since what we plan to do is based on what happens most in class.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário